Technical devices often face errors including system failures or unresponsiveness. The popular Garmin GPS device also encounters common problems that obstruct the functioning of the device. Well, a list of those common problems is jotted down below. Give it a read!
- Failure to turn on
- Failure to turn off
- Sudden shutting off
- Unresponsive touch screen
- Failure to detect signals
- Uploading & downloading problems
- Lost satellite reception
- Sound errors
- Worn out logic board
- Poor display
If you can relate to any of the above-mentioned Garmin GPS problem, then you must immediately reach out to a Garmin customer care executive. Use the Garmin phone number – +1(866)429-9296 to talk to them and have your issues resolved in a go!
Troubleshoot Common Garmin GPS Problems
A lot of people opt for the installation of their GPS navigation systems in their cars. And like any other technologically driven device, Garmin Gps too can encounter certain errors. While some issues require professional assistance, some can be solved at your end. Here are some of those common problems and how you can tackle them on your own.
When the GPS Navigation unit is not starting.
Explore the following options if you are unable to open the GPS navigation unit.
- Check that the key is not turned to ACC or IGNITION position.
- Change the vehicle key to ACC or IGNITION position.
- Check that the control cable is connected to the GPS navigation unit.
- Attach the power cable to the GPS navigation unit.
- Check if there is a blown fuse at the back of the GPS navigation unit or in the radio system.
- If yes, substitute the blown fuse with a fuse of the same amps.
- Check if there is a flat battery situation.
- If yes, replace or charge up the flat battery.
- Check if the remote controller is running out of battery power.
- If yes, change the remote control battery.
When there is a sound error and you cannot hear any voice
- Check if the speaker wires are properly connected to the GPS navigation unit
- Make sure that the speaker wires are suitably attached to both the GPS navigation unit and the speakers.
- Check if the GPS navigation unit is on “Mute” or the volume is excessively low.
When the touch panel is not calibrated.
- Press “calibration” to calibrate the monitor again.
When the touch screen is unresponsive.
- Check if the previous task is ended. Because the system may be still processing the previous task given to it.
- If there is still no response after a long time, please contact the customer service department.
When you cannot play DVD.
- Check if the disc is loaded accurately.
- Please load the disc with the graphic side showing towards the windscreen.
- Do not use a corrupted disc.
- Make sure the disc is properly cleaned.
- Check that the disc format is compatible before loading.
When you are unable to adjust the brightness on the screen
- Check that the brightness or contrast is not set to the lowest.
- If yes, press “OSD” on the remote controller and re-adjust suitable brightness, contrast and chroma settings.
When you cannot locate your preferable radio station
- Check if the radio antenna is plugged correctly or not.
- Re-plug the radio antenna.
- If you are surrounded by tall buildings, try it again when your vehicle has left the built-up areas. If you continue to face the problem, contact your seller or distributor for help.
Get Garmin Map Update In A Go!
Garmin is known for delivering innovative GPS technologies. As a user, if you have any query related to Garmin map update, you should directly contact the customer support unit. Anything related to updates, whether map or software is diligently handled by the service team. So, use the GetHumans Info Contact helpline number +1 833-409-0108 to talk to an executive and have your problems resolved in no time. Hurry!